This website provides information on montelukast research and experiences, and lobbies for Australian consumers and health professionals to get the same high level warnings about its potential for mental health side effects as people in the US. Not everyone who takes montelukast will experience these side effects.
- We are not medical professionals.
- Asthma is a life-threatening condition. Speak to a doctor and ensure you have alternative asthma management medications available before stopping or tapering off montelukast.
- If you require mental health assistance, please see a medical professional. In an emergency, call 000.
- If you need emotional support contact mental health helplines:
- If you want to discuss your experiences with others, contact the Montelukast (Singulair) Side Effects Support and Discussion Facebook Group.
- If you or a loved one have experienced mental health side effects from montelukast, please report it to the TGA here.